Can French Bulldogs Eat Mango? Must Learn This!

Can French Bulldogs Eat Mango? Must Learn This! 1

Yes, Your French Bulldog can eat mangoes. Mangoes can be a healthy treat for your Frenchie as they are high in vitamins and antioxidants. That being said, it is recommended to give mango to your French Bulldog in moderate amounts because the fruit is high in both sugar and soluble fiber, and Frenchie’s can quickly overindulge.

Are Mangoes Healthy For My French Bulldog?

Mangoes are high in vitamins A, B6, C, as well as E. They are also high in fiber, beta-carotene, antioxidants, as well as potassium. Mangoes can lower cholesterol, boost immunity, enhance eyesight, reduce inflammation, as well as enhance gut health.

Here are just a few benefits of giving your dog mango:

Vitamin A improves vision (particularly in older dogs), prevents cataracts, and aids in treating eyesight problems and eye irritation. Vitamin A also helps dogs’ skin and coat and their kidneys, liver, and lungs work correctly.
Mangoes are full of protein that aids in the recovery of muscle as well as other body tissues. They’re also high in potassium that makes your French Bulldogs nerves and muscles function better.
Mangoes are high in dietary fibre, which is beneficial to your dog’s digestive system. It not only keeps their digestive tract running smoothly, but it also relieves the side effects of diarrhoea and constipation if they have an upset tummy.
Antioxidants improve the immune system of dogs and protect them from degenerative diseases, skin disorders, allergies, and certain types of cancer.

Dangers Of Your French Bulldog Eating Mango

Peel and remove the seed from the mango before actually feeding it to your Frenchie.  Even though dogs can consume the skin, this can be hard to process and swallow, so it’s advisable to remove it ahead of time. Mango seeds can be a choking hazard and then become lodged in your French Bulldogs digestive tract. Mango seeds also contain traces of cyanide which is a poison.

If your French Bulldog swallows a mango seed, this may pass through their body perfectly ok. However, if you notice any changes in their eating habits, contact your vet immediately.

Mangoes can be harmful to dogs with medical problems such as pancreatitis or diabetes, as they require a special diet to remain healthy. If your Frenchie has an underlying medical problem, consult your veterinarian before implementing new foods into their diet.

How Much Mango Can My French Bulldog Eat?

Give no more than a few small slices as a treat regularly. Because of the fruit’s high sugar and fibre content, eating quite so much mango can cause diarrhoea or stomach upset.

Mangoes are higher in calories and sugar than most other fruits. Fresh mangoes contain approximately 14 per cent sugar by mass, and one cup of chopped mango contains around 22 grammes of sugar and 99 calories.

How To Server Mango To Your French Bulldog?

Before offering your French Bulldog some mango, peel it and extract the seed. It would be best if you sliced the mango into smaller pieces.  Frozen mango is an enjoyable and delicious treat, particularly during the summer season.

You should follow the 90/10 rule when giving your Frenchie something other than their normal food: any snacks, regardless of how safe, can only account for 10% of your French Bulldog daily caloric intake. The remaining 90% should come from their dog’s food.

Before giving your Frenchie some fresh people food, consult your vet. This means that your dog doesn’t eat anything harmful and that they get the right amount of food they need.

Marshall Newton

Marshall Newton stands as an authoritative figure in the world of dog care and training, enriched by over 40 years of hands-on experience. His lifelong journey with dogs has seen him own over 20 canines from a diverse range of breeds, making him a versatile expert in the field. Marshall's expertise doesn't stop at general dog care; he's also a specialist when it comes to French Bulldogs. As the founder of "Little French Dog," Marshall provides invaluable advice and resources for both new and seasoned Frenchie owners. Whether it's understanding breed-specific traits or discovering new care tips, Marshall is the go-to resource in the Frenchie community. Interested in learning more? Feel free to connect with Marshall on LinkedIn for a deeper dive into his professional background and a wealth of canine insights.

Recent Posts

error: Content is protected !!