Best Girl French Bulldog Names & Their Meanings: There are hundreds of names to choose between, so how can you FIND potential names for your new French Bulldog, and you are happy with that it suits them?
Unless you are particularly attached to a dog name, you may want to avoid the most popular names. You’re going to run into other dogs with your dog’s name, and it could lead to some confusion in the dog park or the vet’s office.
It may be unusual, but more than half of all pet names seem to be either human names or nicknames. People often name their pets as they would call themselves.
A further fifth of the names is based on the appearance or personal characteristics of the pet. The black cat is Blacky or Midnight, and the active dog Meteor or Sprint.
Before Picking Consider
Here are some helpful tips for picking your Frenchies name.
- Select a name easily recognizable by your French Bulldog. Dogs are best at reacting to one or two-syllable names.
- Choose a name that’s both easy to call out and one that you are happy calling out
- Wait a few days to observe the actions of your Frenchie. Hopefully, this will help you choose the correct name as you will have a better idea of their personality.
- Avoid choosing a name that sounds like a command you plan to teach your dog.
- Avoid giving your dog a name that others will find offensive or embarrassing. It includes possible racial or cultural slurs, insults of any kind, crass slang terms, and curse words.
- Resist changing the name of an adult dog if the dog already understands it. If you need to change their name, choose one that sounds similar.
Little French Dog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Top 40 Current Girl French Bulldog Names
|Maggie||From Margaret – A pearl|
|Bear||Large mammal with a large head, bulky body|
|Molly||Irish for Mary|
|Shadow||A dark image cast by an object blocking the sun’s rays|
|Lady||Female title of nobility|
|Sadie||From Sarah – Princess, one of royal status.|
|Lucky||To have good luck|
|Lucy||Light – one who brings the lamp of learning to the ignorant.|
|Daisy||The day’s eye. A flower with a yellow center and white petals.|
|Brandy||An alcoholic liquor distilled from wine|
|Bandit||An outlaw or robber|
|Abby||From Abigail – Father’s happiness|
|Sandy||From Alexander – The helper of mankind|
|Pepper||A spice or condiment.|
|Annie||From Anne – Full of grace|
|Katie||From Katherine – Pure maiden|
|Princess||A female member of a royal family|
|Sammy||From Samantha – A listener|
|Smokey||A grayish-blue color|
|Bo||Precious one, fine and good|
|Missy||An informal term for a young woman|
|Coco||The nickname of the legendary French designer Chanel|
|Reward||Money offered for return of a lost article|
|Alex||From Alexandra – Defender of mankind. The female equivalent is Alexis|
|Tasha||A form of Natasha|
|Sheba||The Queen of Sheba was a wealthy Queen famous for meeting with King Solomon.|
|Penny||From Penelope – The weaver and wife of Ulysses|
|Misty||Covered with mist|
|Dixie||Female from the Southern States of America.|
|Scout||One dispatched from the main body to gather information.|
No matter what you name your dog, make it a name that you like and that your dog responds well to. As long as you’re happy with the name, who really cares if it’s very unusual or incredibly popular? Your dog doesn’t know the difference, after all.